Centre d'Animation Permanente du Rail et de la Pierre
"On three levels, the life history of the railway is explained through tools, objects, old photos, paintings by local artists and replicas. A fantastic miniature railway reconstruction will fascinate young and old alike. The underground is taken up by the Lhoist quarries where one can find didactic display panels, stones, fossils and minerals: an allusion to the role of the railway workers during the war of 1940-45 in a village sorely distressed by bombing attacks. An imposing edifice of the last century which was successively a hotel, a town hall until the merger of the towns in 1976, a court of justice and finally, since 2000, the Railway and Stone Center."
Centre d'Animation Permanente du Rail et de la Pierre can be discovered in the following trails...