Viewpoint over the superb village of Aublain from the Vallée de lEau Blanche (White Water Valley).
Aublain is a beautiful village spanning a long ridge, with its main street following its curve. A homogeneous group of limestone and slate constructions dominated by the classical church and its bulbous spire. The farms and houses are often adjoined, with many dating from the 18th and 19th centuries.
The territory of Aublain, which was part of the castellany of Couvin, was divided in the low middle ages into two seigneuries, that of La Tour, which carried the title of viscounty from the 15th century onwards, and that of Aublain, before they were joined together by the Groesbeeks in 1683.
Etymology: AUBLAIN, due to its position on the ridge - the village is on a hill - owes its name to a pre-Celtic root, ALB-, which sounds rather like the ALPS! Spelled Alblinium in 868, the name of Aublain breaks down into Alb-el-inium, meaning "the high domain on the mountain".
The inhabitants of Aublain are called Aublinois(es).
Viewpoint can be discovered in the following trails...