The current Maison Communale (Village Hall) was originally the residence of the Licot forgemasters' families.
In 1745, Michel Licot, son of the Vireux forgemaster, married the daughter of the Nismes forgemaster. Thanks to their fortune, they were able to buy the sites of the current furnace sawmill, the park and the area where the castle now stands. The great-grandson, Auguste, closed the installations at Nismes and moved his business to Charleroi, while he enlarged and improved Nismes castle as a home for his family. The First World War ruined the family and between the wars, the park and the castle were bought by the municipality. The castle became the Maison Communale (Village Hall) in 1963.