The Spanish House is the oldest civil monument still in place in Haute-Lesse. It has been classified since 1946.
This half-timbered and corbelled building dates back to the Spanish period of Philip II, son of Charles V and holder of the Spanish Netherlands (before 1590). Over the centuries, it sees functions such as the inn, the "maison du Mayeur", or the meeting place of the court of justice for several centuries. The house is also known to have been the place of condemnation to the bucher of three so-called witches, the Gaumette sisters, in 1618. It underwent a violent fire during the sixteenth century. In 1855, it became the property of miller Clément Herman and his descendants. (Source: Brutsaert Emmanuel, History and patrimony of the municipalities of Belgium, Luxembourg Province, Brussels, Editions Racine, 2009, p.338Jean-Luc Duvivier de Fortemps / Tourist Office of the Haute-Lesse region).